Monday, October 29, 2007

Ashram Life

So, I begin my stay at Satichidananda Ashram in Yogaville (really!) Virginia. I am staffing the fall 200 hour yoga teacher training. There are 30 participants in the training, from all over the world. There are 3 daily meditations- at 6 am, 12 noon, and 6 pm, and a Hatha practice after the morning meditation.
The drive in was so beautiful! The leaves are already changing and they had their first frost of the season last night. I walked to the Lotus Shrine today for the noon meditation in the chilly air and bright sun. This land is incredibly beautiful and nourishing. I forget how much I love the mountains which surround us here. Much of our time is spent in silence here, where the only noises are from nature. A deep sense of peace permeates the air.
The food is delicious with many veggies from their own organic garden. I ate too much for dinner and had an uncomfortable 2nd asana practice around 7:30 pm. Tomorrow I think I will go back to my usual 2 meals per day and skip dinner.
I am coming in at the last half of this training so I have lots of catching up to do socially with the group.
It is time for bed- 9:30 pm - I miss you all! Lots of love, Shri

No comments: